College of Arts & Sciences – Student Affairs

College of Arts & Sciences - Student Affairs is located near the ETSU Bookstore on the second floor of the D.P. Culp Center. We offer services to all ETSU students and other services to Arts and Sciences majors. All College of Arts & Sciences majors seeking help from the Dean should come to the College of Arts & Sciences - Student Affairs for assistance and not to the college administrative offices in Gilbreath Hall. The only exception is filing a complaint.

Services for All ETSU Students:

Request review of general education credits

Services for All Transfer Students:

Request evaluation of general education credit from other institutions
Request general education credit from completing associate degrees

Services for all students with majors in the College of Arts & Sciences:

Adding a course
Dropping a course
Overload approval (Advisor and Dean's approval required for registration for more than 19 credits)
Catalog Extensions
Appeal for readmission hearing after receiving a suspension notice
Grade Appeals after rejection by a department chair
Academic misconduct charges

If you need a signature from the dean on a document or you have questions please contact Donna Corbitt ( or 423-439-5248.

Complaints: College of Arts &Sciences - Student Affairs does not process complaints about ETSU faculty and staff members. Please review the university policy on complaints. The full Student Complaint Policy and Procedure can be found in the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs under the Policy and Procedure  section. Please file the respective form below with the appropriate university official. Complaints about faculty or staff members should first be directed to their department chair. If the chair's response does not satisfactorily address the problem, the next appeal should go to the dean of the college that houses the department.

Student Complaint Form

Student Complaint, Appeal Form A

Student Complaint, Appeal Form B

Selected Student Appeal Policies- An Abridged List