External Scholarship Opportunities

External Scholarship Opportunities

We have listed just a few websites that you might want to look at if you are searching for scholarship opportunites other than the ones that Quillen College of Medicine offers.

Indian Health Service Scholarship

National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship

AMA Scholarship

Army Medical Corps

Navy Healthcare

  • Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship

The Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) allows individuals to attend a civilian medical school of their choice with a scholarship sponsored by the United States Army, Navy or Air Force. To be eligible to apply for the program, all applicants must have an unconditional acceptance letter from an accredited medical school inside the United States or Puerto Rico. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of commissioning. Three and four year scholarships are available.

HPSP participants are commissioned as officers in the Medical Service Corps. Students enrolled in the HPSP will attend an accredited civilian medical school inside the United States or Puerto Rico. The scholarship pays all tuition, required books and fees and gives participants a monthly stipend in excess of $2,000 per month. Currently HPSP participants are allowed to apply for both active duty and civilian residency programs through the Joint Services Graduate Medical Education Board.

For more information please visit one or more of the following:

http://www.goarmy.com/amedd/education/hpsp.html - For interest in the Army - call (304)344-0513

http://www.airforce.com/opportunities/healthcare/education - For interest in the Air Force - call 1-800-588-5260

http://www.navy.com/joining/education-opportunities/graduate-professional.html - For interest in the Navy - call 1.800.284.6289

  • Ira Gambill Scholarship

The recipient must agree to return to Mountain City and practice medicine for at least 4 years in return for scholarship support, must be a resident (at birth) of Mountain City and a graduate of Johnson County high schools. Amount of Equitable Budget (given annually). Contact the Principal of Johnson County High School for an application.

Dedicated Websites for Scholarship Opportunities

FinAid!                         FastWeb