- The award will be given for consistently superior teaching
- The nominee must be a full-time tenured faculty member at
ETSU, and only the teaching at ETSU will be considered in making
- The teaching considered may be either undergraduate or
graduate or both.
- Documentation should focus on the effectiveness of
instruction and multiple sources of evidence.
- Areas of documentation may include such things as: quality of
presentation in classroom or field; command of subject matter;
development and use of innovative methods; student’s
achievement; ability to motivate students; peer evaluation;
student evaluation; current and professional development;
advising, tutoring, direction of theses and dissertations, and
other forms of assisting students; textbooks or other published
instructional materials indicative of teaching effectiveness;
design or revision of courses, curricula, and materials;
management of instructional programs or components.