Doctor of Public Health in Epidemiology
Program Admission Requirements
Admission to the Doctor of Public Health program is competitive
and based on scholarship, letters of recommendation, and evidence
of potential success, including:
- Evidence of successful completion of an MPH or equivalent
degree in a related field from a regionally accredited
institution of higher learning in the United States.
- Application form and accompanying fee.
- One official transcript of all previous undergraduate and
graduate work (except previous coursework completed at
- A personal essay that includes a written statement of career
and educational goals, professional experience, and prospective
area of interest for the dissertation.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
taken within the past 5 years (except for those with a doctoral
degree from a regionally accredited institution within the United
States). Preferred scores are at or above the 50th percentile for
verbal and quantitative sections.
- Four letters of recommendation from individuals who can
acknowledge the applicant’s academic, professional, or
personal achievement, competence, ethics, and potential.