Missions & Goals
The need for a healthful environment is common to all peoples and to all communities. The needs for environmental health services are complex because of changes brought about by economic and technological advances. There is an increasing need for technical personnel in the field of environmental health. The many problems brought about by economic and technological advances require a comprehensively trained specialist in environmental health. The educational objectives of the department are to provide the student with an opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the:
- chemical, biological, physical, and social factors which affect the health of the community;
- relevant concepts from the social, and behavioral sciences; and
- environmental health systems.
- Become proficient in:
- identifying community environmental health needs;
- information collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, and dissemination; and
- environmental monitoring, analysis, and management.
- Acquire skills in the application of the above techniques and knowledge for solution of environmental health problems.