- Dean's Message
- Our Vision, Mission & Goals
- Departments & Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
- The award will be given for consistent superior teaching accomplishments.
- The nominee must be a full-time tenured or non-tenured faculty member at ETSU, and
only the teaching at ETSU will be considered in making this award.
- The teaching considered may be either undergraduate or graduate or both.
- A letter of nomination should address how this individual has excelled in areas of
undergraduate and graduate teaching and include didactic courses, on-line classes,
clinical supervision and/or research mentoring. The faculty will be asked to provide
a current vita, FAR/FAE's for the last three years and any other documentation to
include such things as:
- Quality of presentation in classroom or field.
- Command of subject matter.
- Development and use of innovative methods.
- Student's achievement.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Peer evaluation.
- Student evaluation.
- Current and professional development.
- Advising, tutoring, direction of theses and dissertations and other forms of assisting students.
- Textbooks or other published instructional materials indicative of teaching effectiveness.
- Design or revision of courses, curricula and materials.
- Management of instructional programs or components.
- The award will be given for research accomplishments during the five years previous
to the award.
- The research for which the award is given must result in publication.
- The winner of the award must be a full-time faculty member at ETSU.
- Only research and subsequent publication accomplished while serving as a faculty member
at ETSU will be considered in making the award.
- Research of either basic or applied nature will be considered in making the award.
- The research for which the award is given may be sponsored or un-sponsored.
- Applications or nominations may be strengthened by the inclusion of communications
from experts in the field who have reviewed the work. Published reviews should be
submitted for books or for comparable accomplishments in one of the arts.
- The letter of nomination should include a brief (one or two paragraph) description of the significance of the research in non-technical language. The faculty will be asked to provide a current vita with full bibliographic information and description of funded and un-funded grant applications and awards, presentations of research and collaborative research efforts currently underway and copies of unpublished manuscripts, FAR's and FAE's for the past five years may also be included.
- The award will be given for distinguished service accomplishments achieved during
a substantial period prior to the award.
- The nominee must be a full-time, tenured or non-tenured faculty member at ETSU, and
only service while employed at ETSU will be considered in making this award.
- The service considered may have been provided to department, college, institution,
professional organizations, community organizations, the general public or a combination
- Service for which the faculty member received compensation will not be considered
in making this award (Expenses and modest honoraria are not considered compensation).
- The letter of nominations should focus on the nature of the faculty member's contribution, its quality, its impact, its relation to the general welfare of the university and its effect on the university community. Documentation should include a current vita and FAR/FAE's for the last three years.
Chaya Nanjundeswaran - 2016 Teaching Award Recipient
Michelle Lee - 2016 Research Award Recipient
Beatrice Owens - 2016 Service Award Recipient