To access your Classlist in D2L you can click the Classlist link from the top navigation bar of your D2L Course Home.
The Classlist stores information about the faculty and students enrolled in your D2L course. You can use Classlist to see who is online, send emails, page classmates, view blogs, and track you own progress in the course.
Upon clicking the Classlist link you will be taken to the Classlist Home Page.
1. The Email button allows you to send emails to your instructor and classmates.
2. These tabs will allow you to sort your classlist view by students and instructors. This will allow to quickly find who you are looking for that is enrolled in your course.
3. The View By drop down menu will allow you to sort your classlist view by Groups. If your Instructor has assigned the class into Groups you can view which classmates are in your Group as well as the other Groups that have been assigned.
4. The Search function will allow you to search your course by username, first name, and last name. This will allow you to quickly find another user enrolled in your course.
These buttons will allow you to contact users enrolled in your class. Select the checkbox by the person you want to contact and then select the communication method you would like.
This button will open an email to each user you have selected from the classlist.
This button will allow you to send a page message to each user you have selected from the classlist.
This button will allow you to print a list of all users enrolled in the course or just the ones you select.
6. The Online Status icon displays beside the names of users who are currently online in D2L.
7. The Role column allows you to see if the person is a student or instructor.
Sending Email Through the Classlist
You may choose to email individual users through the classlist, all users who fall within a particular category or tab (i.e. all students), a select group of users or you may email everyone in the classlist.
To email one user:
To email all users in one category:
To email all users in the course:
After clicking the email button a new window will open to allow you to compose a new message.
1. Add the email address you want the message to be sent to or this will be contain the person's email you checked on the screen before this one.
2. The Subject line will be the topic or description of your email message.
3. The text box is where you will enter the body or content of your email message. You have the basic word editing tools such as (bold, underline, italic, and orientation). You can also change the priority of the message.
4. The Attachments box will allow you to add a file from your computer to include with the email message. By clicking browse you will be able to select a file off your computer. Once you have found the file you want to attach, click it and then click Open to add it to the email message.
5. The Send button is what you will click once you are done composing your message. Make sure you have all other fields done before clicking Send as you will not be able to go back and edit the message once it is sent. The Cancel button will take you back the classlist homepage and will not send your message.