To access the Email function in D2L you can click the Classlist link from the top navigation bar of your D2L Course Home.
While it is possible to use the Email tool to send email messages from within D2L, you will need to know the addresses of individuals you are trying to email. To easily email your instructor or fellow classmates, you should use the Classlist.
Sending Email Through the Classlist
You may choose to email individual users through the classlist, all users who fall within a particular category or tab (i.e. all students), a select group of users or you may email everyone in the classlist.
To email one user:
To email all users in one category:
To email all users in the course:
After clicking the email button a new window will open to allow you to compose a new message.
1. Add the email address you want the message to be sent to or this will be contain the person's email you checked on the screen before this one.
2. The Subject line will be the topic or description of your email message.
3. The text box is where you will enter the body or content of your email message. You have the basic word editing tools such as (bold, underline, italic, and orientation). You can also change the priority of the message.
4. The Attachments box will allow you to add a file from your computer to include with the email message. By clicking browse you will be able to select a file off your computer. Once you have found the file you want to attach, click it and then click Open to add it to the email message.
5. The Send button is what you will click once you are done composing your message. Make sure you have all other fields done before clicking Send as you will not be able to go back and edit the message once it is sent. The Cancel button will take you back the classlist homepage and will not send your message.