Graduate Assistant / Tuition Scholar Policies and Procedures
The Graduate Assistant/Tuition Scholarship contracting process to an online system. This training session is required for all ETSU personnel who will be processing GA/TS contracts for his or her college/department. Training will cover all procedures, requirements, deadlines, policy changes, supporting documents, and any other issue related to the successful of a graduate assistant and tuition scholar.
In order to meet eligibility requirements student must meet the following requirements:
- Register for at least 9 graduate credit hours in the fall and spring semesters. For summer contracts, if the contract ends June 30th the student must take 3 hours in pre-summer or summer session I. If the contracts goes through August the student must take 3 hours during summer session II. If the summer contract begins in May and ends in August, the student must take 6 hours in any of the summer sessions (pre-summer, session I, and/or session II). The student may divide the 6 hours between sessions, for example; 3 credit hours in session I and 3 more in session II.
- Not accept Tuition Scholarships if he or she is not a first year graduate student. (No TS contracts will be accepted after the Friday before classes begin).
- Not be employed anywhere else on campus.
- Be admitted unconditionally to the degree program. (1 semester exception)
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Human Resources and Payroll Procedures
Requirements for International Students
- If an international student is graduating do not write contracts past the official commencement date
- International students must take the Oral Proficiency Interview immediately upon arrival at ETSU. To schedule an interview, contact Dr. Yousif Elhindi at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at (423) 439-5992
- International students applying for full-time graduate assistantships may not hold temporary positions
- International students must have current Glacier paperwork on file before payroll can be processed. For more information contact Jennifer Crigger at email@example.com
or by phone at (423) 439-6887.
Deadlines and Fee Payments
- GA/TS Deadlines
- Students are responsible for all other fees not covered by his or her GA/TS.
- Tuition is the only fee covered by the university
- Out-of-State Tuition will be waived after all miscellaneous fees have been paid or a deferred payment option is utilized by the student. A $50.00 fee is charged for the deferred payment option.
- There are only a limited number of summer graduate assistantships. The department must have the accounting number entered to pay summer tuition for graduate assistantships. If your department has a summer appointment, contact Merrica "Reis" Bell in Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org