1. Create Goldlink Course Listing - Course sections for study abroad courses are SA1, SA2, etc., must be created. If you have any questions about this please contact Maria Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Financial Release - Before any money can be collected and used on behalf of a student, you must have each student sign the Student Financial Release Form. Please keep completed form in your office for your records.
3. Class Roster - Submit a Class Roster with the names of every person participating on the trip to ETSU International Programs before departure.
4. Required Documents for Each Student - Faculty leaders are required to submit completed copies of the following for each student:
d. Passport (biographical page only)
5. Program Itinerary - Submit copy of program itinerary with host country contact phone numbers. For example, please provide a phone number for each hotel the group is staying at so we can contact the hotel in case of an emergency.
6. Submitting Required Documents - Each faculty member should mail or drop off the above required documents from the above numbers 3 through 5 together at one time to International Programs and Services before departure. The International Programs and Services Box Number is: Box 70668 if mailing the documents.
7. U.S. Department of State Registration - Register the trip with the U.S. State Department
8. Insurance - All ETSU Faculty Led programs must use CMI insurance for each student. The plan is cost effective and it makes it easier for you as a program leader to have all students under the same insurance company. In case of an emergency occurs you will have only one insurance company to contact rather than having to deal with different insurance companies if students each have different insurance policies. We encourage each leader to include insurance prices in the overall cost of the study abroad program that way as a leader it makes it easier for you to purchase the insurance as a group.
9. Non-US Citizens - If a non-US Citizen is part of the program, leaders are advised to discuss visa issues with the student. The student should apply for any required visas well in advance of the program start date.
10. Financial Aid issues - provide the ETSU Financial Aid Office with information about your program including your budget so that it facilitates the process for students seeking financial aid for the summer. The following document can also be given to students who have questions about Summer Financial Aid Information.
11. ETSU International Education Scholarship - Encourage your students to apply for the International Education Scholarship as soon as possible. The deadline for application is March 31. Completed application must be turned into International Programs and Services located in Yoakley Hall.