- Who We Are
- Scholars Programs
- Undergraduate Research
- The Washington Center
- Alumni, Friends and Donors
- Useful Links
- Honors College Staff
- Contact Us
ETSU hosts an electronic repository for theses submitted to the Honors College. The repository is a collaborative effort of the Honors College and Sherrod Library.
Electronic E-thesis submission is required of all honors scholars.
Instructions for Electronic Thesis Submission
Prior to submitting an electronic thesis, the following must be completed:
- Thesis approved by Thesis Mentor(s) and Thesis Reader(s)
- Copy of thesis cover page signed by student, Thesis Mentor(s) and Reader(s)
- Release Form/Agreement (download here) signed by student and Thesis Mentor(s)
- Deliver cover page and release form in person to:
Ms. Claire Jones, Earnest House for University and Midway Honors Scholars
Ms. Eva Lynch, Yoakley Hall for FPA and HID Scholars
Save yourself time and frustration by being prepared before you begin. You must complete
all required fields to save the submission form.
- Go to the eThesis website at: http://dc.etsu.edu/honors/.
- Read the policies and be sure that you have satisfied the requirements BEFORE you start the online submission process.
- Be sure your thesis is in PDF format. If your thesis is in a word processing program format like Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), open it in that program and look under the FILE menu for the option to "Export" or "Save As" or "Print" the file in PDF format. If you have questions, please contact your honors program director (UHS&MHS, FPA, HID).
- Make sure you have all files available to include in the online submission process.
- Be ready to copy and paste the following into the online submission form:
- an abstract for your thesis,
- a list of keywords (optional), and
- If there are words or phrases not in the title or abstract that would facilitate finding your thesis using a search engine like Google, type them on a single line separated by commas.
- the list of your Thesis Mentor(s) and Thesis Reader(s)
- Verify the correct spelling of your Thesis Professor(s) and Thesis Reader(s) names using the "Search ETSU and People" search box at the top of the ETSU home page. Type names with THESIS ADVISOR FIRST and separate multiple names with commas. Example: William Burgess Jr., Christopher Dula.
- Use your ETSU email address.
- Create a password. It does not have to be your ETSU account password. If you forget your password, use the "Forget your password?" link on the "My Account" page to reset it.
- Do not call the OIT Student Help Desk because they cannot reset it for you.
After an Honors Thesis is accepted into the repository, it can be accessed through the repository webpage or by a search of ETSU's Sherrod Library Millennium catalog. All electronic theses, except those with a voluntary embargo, can be viewed by the general public.
If you have questions or problems during the process of submitting to eThesis, please contact your Honors Program Director:
Dr. Kornweibel (UHS and MHS)
Dr. Contreras-Koterbay (FPA)
Dr. Whitelaw (HID)
Daniel Hedden (PHCSS)