eValuations Guided Tour Videos
- How To Log Into Your Evaluation, Employee Demonstration (0:33 minutes)
- Annual Evaluation, Employee Demonstration (4:42 minutes)
- Annual Evaluation, Supervisor Demonstration (6:20 minutes)
- Probationary Evaluation, Supervisor Demonstration (5:08 minutes)
Changing Your User Type
This brief presentation shows you how to find your missing evaluations with just a few simple mouse clicks.
Performance Evaluation Scenario Video (7:19 minutes)
How to communicate your assessment of an employee's poor performance
- Notice the following in the video:
- The supervisor is well prepared. Supervisor has logs, business cards, EAP brochure, the employee's job description and a copy of the evaluation in hand before the meeting.
- The employee has been given the chance to review the evaluation before meeting with the supervisor.
- The meeting is held in a private and neutral setting, the conference room table (complete with tissues), rather than the supervisor's office/desk.
- The supervisor has made notes regarding talking points in order to keep the conversation on track.
- The employee is not surprised by the evaluation.
Full High Definition (1080p)
High Definition (720p)
- Did you notice the following in the video:
- Supervisor maintained control of the conversation.
- Supervisor ensured there was enough time allotted to finish the conversation without interruption.
- Supervisor based the evaluation on FACTS about the employee's actual performance.
- Supervisor kept the conversation focused on improvement opportunities/potential.
- Even though the supervisor is obviously frustrated, she maintains a professional and respectful demeanor while still being direct and unwavering.
- Supervisor set the stage for continuous communication.
- The supervisor leaves the responsibility for success up to the employee.
Performance Evaluations eTraining
eValuations Training Website
Training Site - A great place for new Supervisors to get comfortable with the system or to simply practice evaluating employees. The training site is refreshed the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
***All data entered into the Training Site is erased every 2 weeks.
Do NOT enter your official evaluations here.***
||Draft annual evaluations before saving the official online eValuations.
Additional Web Page:
East Tennessee State University has a firm commitment to performance evaluation of University personnel, whatever their category and level, through the medium of a formalized system. The primary purpose of such evaluation is to assist personnel in professional development and in achieving University goals. The procedures addressed here apply to every full-time, non-faculty University employee. Faculty evaluation is addressed under a separate program.
Please Contact Human Resources Via: