Immunizations Required Under the Tennessee State Law
The State of Tennessee requires that all students enrolled in state colleges and universities meet certain immunization requirements prior to their initial enrollment in the university or college. These requirements include:
1. Proof that the Student has received
(2) MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
Shots or Physician signed documentation of immunity.
2. Proof that the Student has received ( 2) Varicella (Chicken Pox) Shots or Physician signed documentation of immunity.
3. A Signed Waiver form acknowledging that the student is aware of the risk associated with Hepatitis B and Meningitis Infections on a college campus.
1) New incoming students to ETSU who have received one MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and one Varicella (chicken pox) vaccination may complete the One Semester Immunization Exemption Form and return it to the Registrar's Office so they may be able to register for a full time class load.
2) Pregnant or Breastfeeding students may complete the Medical Waiver for Immunizations form accompanied with signed medical documentation and submitted to the Student/University Health Services for temporary exemption.
3) Students who are allergic or have medical conditions preventing them from receiving these vaccinations may complete the Medical Waiver for Immunizations form accompanied with signed medical documentation and submitted to the Student/University Health Services for exemption.
4) Students who are taking exclusive online and distance-learning courses only are exempt from the Varicella requirements, but must complete the Online Only Immunization Exemption form each semester and file it with the Registrar's Office. http:// www.etsu.edu/reg/documents/DOC/online_classes_ONLY_Immunization_Waiver.docx
Immunization Policy Frequently Asked Questions
It is Tennessee State Law that all full-time students provide proof that they have received Two MMR Shots. The following exemptions apply to this State Law:
Students under the age of 18, must provide a signed waiver that is signed by either a parent or legal guardian.
Students 18 and over, will be able to complete this form online electronically when they attempt to register for classes the first time.
ETSU Student Health Services
PO Box 70675
Johnson City, TN 37614
For further questions please call, ETSU Student Health Services at 423-439-4225