Long Distance PIN's

If you need to get a long distance PIN, please follow the instructions for the type of PIN that you desire.

Calls to be charged to the department's account

To get a long distance PIN where the charges are billed to the department's account, you'll need to fill out a Computer Account Request Form, available at http://www.etsu.edu/oit/forms/ . Once the form is completed, you can either mail the form to the address at the top of the form or hand-deliver it to 424 Roy Nicks Hall.

When we receive the form, the PIN will be assigned and an e-mail will be sent to you. If you don't have a valid e-mail account at the time of the PIN assignment, then an e-mail will be sent to the person listed as the supervisor on the request form notifying about the PIN assignment. Once you get an account and activate it, you can either e-mail the Helpdesk or call us at 9-4648. We will update your information in the system and have it e-mail the PIN to you.

NOTE: LD PIN numbers are NOT automatically generated for new employees. A Computer Account Request Form will need to be filled out to request a PIN for the new employee.

Calls to be charged to you personally

If you want the calls to be charged to you personally, you'll need to purchase a long distance calling card of your choice.  Our long distance service provider doesn't have the option to bill individuals.

Transferring to a different department

When you transfer to a different department, you will need to submit a new Computer Account Request Form, available at http://www.etsu.edu/oit/forms/ , with the budget number for that department. Once the request has been received and processed, you will receive an e-mail with your new PIN. LD PINs are NOT transferable between departments in order to maintain billing consistency. Once we are notified by either Human Resources or by the department administrator that you have relocated, your old PIN will be submitted for closure.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Helpdesk at 9-4648.

direct edit