Here are some steps that you can follow to allow you to run applications through the Citrix system from either on or off campus. The browsers that were tested were Internet Explorer 9 and Mozilla Firefox 7 on the Windows platform.
- Add the site to the Trusted Sites list. On the Windows platform, this is done in Internet Options. To get there, click on Start | Control Panel | Internet Options. If you don't see Internet Options immediately after opening Control Panel, you should find it under 'Network and Internet'.
In Internet Options, click on the Security tab, then click on 'Trusted sites' and then click on the Sites button. In the 'Add this website to this zone' box, type in http://xen.etsu.edu/. Uncheck the 'Require server verification' box at the bottom of the window. Click on the Add button to add the site to the list of trusted sites. This will help things go smoother later.
- In your web browser, type in http://xen.etsu.edu/ in the location bar. When you get to the site, you'll be asked to log in.
Enter your ETSU username and password. Do not put 'etsu\' in front of your username.
- After logging in for the first time, the system will check to see if you have the Citrix plug-in client installed. If not, you'll get the image below.
Check the 'Agree' box and click on the Install button.
- In Internet Explorer, you may be asked to run or save the file. Just choose Run.
Firefox will save the file for you. After that, tell Firefox that you want to run the file. You may be prompted to confirm your action.
- You'll receive a progress bar during the installation.
When the installation is complete, click on the OK button.
If your browser doesn't take you to the application screen after that, just click on the 'Continue' button.
- When you get to the applications screen, simply click on the application that you wish to run. In Internet Explorer and Firefox, the loading process should start immediately.
As the application loads, you'll get a screen with the ETSU legal notice.
Click on the OK button to acknowledge the notice. After that, the chosen application should load. If it looks like the applications loads but isn't responding, there may be another security window that has come up but is hidden.
Simply choose the 'Permit use' option and the application should work properly.