ETSU Introduces OpenBUCS
ETSU OpenBUCS: Open Courses with a Path to College Credit from East Tennessee State University
Course Dates: Jan. 27, 2014 - Mar. 21, 2014
ETSU's free college classes are the right choice for you to...
- save money on college tuition
- shorten overall time to college graduation
- take college classes online to 'test drive' college course work before you invest tuition dollars -- there's no risk to you!
- learn more about subjects that interest you for free
Available online open courses:
An introduction to the development of music, with an emphasis on art music of the Western hemisphere. Topics include elements of music, instruments and ensembles, form, styles and periods, including major composers and work.
Trace the historical development of our modern national institutions and social and economic structures. Learn how enormous economic and social changes in the late 19th century from industrialization and urbanization led to massive upheaval in American society and laid the foundations for modern America.
How do ETSU's free online courses work?
OpenBUCS courses are open to anyone, anywhere. There is no cost for the course work and no textbook to buy. To take an OpenBUCS course, you will need to:
- register for the course online using the links above
- complete the eight-week online course -- all material and assignments are provided through video lectures, discussion forums, quizzes and other activities
- pursue the optional path to college credit if you would like to earn transferable college credit that will count toward your degree. The total cost for obtaining credit is $335 (1/3 the cost of regular, in-state tuition!)
If you plan to transfer earned credits, please confirm transfer eligibility with your college or university. Please visit our FAQ for more information.