|December 15||Application for admission must be complete to qualify for Guaranteed Academic Performance Scholarships for Freshmen. Application for University Honors Scholars due.|
|March 1||General University Scholarships Applications Due. Applications for Midway, Fine and Performing Arts and Honors-in-Discipline scholarships due.|
|May 15||Application due date for Academic Performance Scholarships for Transfer Students|
- Hope (Lottery) Scholarships
- Freshmen Scholarships
- Transfer Student Scholarships
- Current Student Scholarships
- Graduate & Other Scholarships
The HOPE Scholarship,
also known as the Lottery Scholarship, is funded by the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) Program. This scholarship is available to qualified Tennessee residents attending eligible Tennessee colleges and universities. There are HOPE scholarship programs for many different kinds of students. The TN Student Assistance website contains links to all HOPE scholarship options. Additionally, we have outlined some of the most-used HOPE scholarships here:
ETSU offers a number of scholarships for new freshmen from Tennessee and from out-of-state. Make sure that you don’t miss any opportunities:
- Apply for admission early. Our Academic Performance Scholarship is automatically offered to students who qualify and who complete the application process by December 15th of their senior year. You will not be considered for any scholarships unless you have been admitted to ETSU.
- Complete the online scholarship application to be considered for general endowed scholarships by the March 1 deadline.
- Check out the honors college to see if you qualify for the University Honors Scholars Program, the Fine and Performing Art Scholars Program or the Honors-in-Discipline program.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of your senior year. When you apply for scholarships with financial need as one of the criteria, we will use the results of your FAFSA to determine your level of financial need. For Tennessee residents, the FAFSA is also the application for the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program.
ETSU offers two scholarship programs specifically for transfer students:
1. the Midway Honors Scholars Program, and
2. the Transfer Academic Performance Scholarship (for Tennessee residents and residents of border counties eligible for in-state tuition.)
We also have two scholarship programs for out-of state transfer students.
- Complete the online scholarship application to be considered for general endowed scholarships by the March 1 deadline
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1. When you apply for scholarships with financial need as one of the criteria, we will use the results of your FAFSA to determine your level of financial need.
- Complete the Midway Honors Scholarship application by March 1.
Even if you didn’t receive a scholarship as a new student to ETSU, you may still receive a scholarship as a currently enrolled student. Some of these opportunities are available as endowed scholarships through the Scholarship Office. You will need to submit a scholarship application by March 1 to be considered for these scholarships. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1. When you apply for scholarships with financial need as one of the criteria, we will use the results of your FAFSA to determine your level of financial need.
Many academic departments offer scholarships to recognize your academic achievement at ETSU and your success in your major. Check our college and departmental links or check with your academic department for information on how to apply. Please note that deadlines may vary from department to department.
Graduate student? Veteran? International student?
A variety of scholarships opportunities exist for students. Listed below are some of the additional scholarship offerings you will find here at ETSU:
- Dual Enrollment (High School & College)
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- Roan Scholars
Honors College Opportunities
The Honors College is here to assist qualified and capable students profession and personal development beyond the typical undergraduate experience. The Honors College provides scholarship awards and diverse learning experiences for new freshmen, transfer students and currently enrolled students. Be sure to explore all of the honors college opportunities.