- Familiarize yourself with this ASRF website and the information it contains. Read carefully the helpful information on the Abstract Preparation page about composing an abstract for your project. Compose your abstract in MS Word, then when it’s finished, go to the registration page and read all its information, Then fill in and submit the registration form, copying and pasting your abstract into the appropriate boxes.
The deadline for registering is March 4, 2015. If all classes at the University are cancelled on March 5 due to inclement weather, the deadline will be Thursday, March 5, 2015.
- After you’ve registered, go to the website and find Presentation Type on the left menu, then click on the appropriate choice for your presentation – either oral or poster. Read all of the provided information about preparing your oral/poster presentation.
- After Spring Break, go to the website and check the Participant List to verify that you're on it and to see what poster number and/or time slot you are assigned.
- If you’re doing a poster, you are to go to the Culp Center Ballroom and set up your poster on the afternoon of Wednesday, April 8, between 12 noon and 4:30 pm.
If you’re giving an oral presentation, you are to e-mail us your PowerPoint presentation file (to firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 12 noon on Monday, April 6
- Practice! Practice! Practice your speaking part so that you don't omit any important information. Poster presenters have 7 minutes to speak, oral presenters have 10 minutes.
- Don't be late! Poster presenters need to be present at their posters by 8:30 am on Thursday, April 3rd at the Culp Center Ballroom; oral presenters need to check in at the ASRF Inforamtion Desk on the 3rd floor no later than 30 minutes before your scheduled time slot on Wednesday, April 8th at the 3rd floor Culp Center ASRF Information Desk.
- Now you can enjoy lunch, relax at the Keynote Address, and attend the Awards Ceremony to see if you won!