Non-Credit Instruction Class
Non-credit instruction through the ETSU Campus Recreation department consists of various classes and workshops for the ETSU Community that are not for academic credit. However, in many cases upon successful completion of a course and its requirements, a certification will be granted. For most classes there will be a fee to register, which covers the cost of instruction and/or materials. Types of classes include, but are not limited to CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguard, Kayak Roll School, Climbing Wall Instructor, Wilderness First Aid and various types of Group Fitness certifications. Listed below are the classes we offer and during which semester we offer them, for more details please check back at a later time.
CPR/AED and First Aid: Fall & Spring Semester
- Next class: Registration is NOW OPEN
- ETSU: $30 for both & $20 for either CPR/AED or First Aid
- Non-ETSU: $40 for both & $30 for either CPR/AED or First Aid
If you have any questions, please contact: Jonathan Sasser at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginner Kayak Instruction:
Wilderness First Aid and CPR:
- Wilderness First Aid: Next Class TBA
Red Cross Lifeguard Certification: Become a lifeguard and learn how to save lives in the water. The class is through the American Red Cross and is offered twice a semester. The class is open to both ETSU affiliated personnel and community members.
- Class Dates:
- Review Class*:
- Next Class: TBA
- * Review class is for currently certified Lifeguards.
- Lifeguard Class:
- If you have any questions, please contact Jonathan Sasser at: email@example.com
RAD (Rape Aggression, Defense): Fall & Spring Semester
Swim Lessons: You must be an ETSU student, faculty, and/or staff to participate in private lessons. Requirements to enroll in Group Lessons: Child must be enrolled in: Little Buccanneers; Child Study Center; University School; or be an ETSU student, staff, or faculty.
Group Lessons: For ages 3-12 years old.
Water Baby Classes: For age 6 months - 2 years old.
Private Lessons: Click here for a private swim lesson form. Private lessons consist of 6 thirty minute lessons and cost $50.
- If you have any questions, please email, Jonathan Sasser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AAAI (American Aerobic Association of America):