Frequently Asked Questions
1. Am I eligible for services?
All currently enrolled ETSU students are eligible for services.
2. Is there a fee?
Counseling sessions are free of charge. Psychiatric sessions are provided for a minimal fee.
3. How do I make an appointment?
All new clients must attend an initial intake interview during our walk-in hours. Returning clients may call or email to schedule an appointment.
4. Will I be seen by a student?
Along with our full-time professional staff, we are a training facility for advanced-level master's counseling and social work students; therefore, some clients will be seen by master-level student.
5. Do you have male and female counselors?
We strive to provide diversity in our staff, including counselors of varying genders, sexual/affectional orientations, religious affiliations, ethnicity, ages, and cultural backgrounds.
6. Do you prescribe medication?
Our psychiatrists partner with our counselors to provide medication when needed. However, we DO NOT provide stimulates (e.g. Adderall), Benzodiazepines (e.g. Xanax), or opiates (e.g. Demerol).
7. May I schedule a couples session even if my partner is not a student?
8. Where can I go for help if I am not a student?
Our case manager can assist you with a referral.