CFAA - Office of Assessment
East Tennessee State University
Office of Assessment
Reporting to the Assistant to the Provost for Institutional Research, the Office of Assessment at ETSU consists of Director, Cheri Clavier; Assistant Director, Leigh Lewis; Executive Aide, Kristen Carlosh; and several undergraduate and graduate student workers. Our offices are located in the Center for Academic Achievement on the first floor of Sherrod Library.
The Office of Assessment is involved in a number of initiatives that include:
- Performance Funding, including
- General Education assessment via the California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST);
- Major Field Assessment (more commonly referred to as Major Field Test, or MFT);
- Academic Program Review through Accreditation, Program Review, and Academic Audit; and
- Satisfaction Studies involving students (via the National Survey of Student Engagement, or NSSE), alumni, and employers;
- Assessment of the university’s Quality Enhancement Plan, INtopFORM;
- Student Assessment of Instruction (SAI);
- Institutional Effectiveness, especially regarding educational programs to include student learning outcomes, as well as TracDat system administration.