The ETSU Health Heroes Program is a University Wellness Committee initiative that aims to recognize members of the ETSU community who have undertaken great health accomplishments and/or who exemplify what it is to live a healthy life-style. Health Heroes are recognized in a ceremony in the spring of each year.
Criteria for Selection as
ETSU Health Hero
The nominee(s) should demonstrate one or more of the following nomination criteria:
1. A consistently healthy lifestyle and positive attitude
2. A life-style change that is healthier
3. A noteworthy health accomplishment, e.g. weight loss, miles
run/walked per week/month, overcome significant health obstacles, or
having made a significant contribution to the wellness of others
In addition, the nominee should:
1. Be a current ETSU student, faculty, or staff member, a member of the ETSU Alumni Association or the ETSU Retirees Association (those in the latter two catergories must be currently active in the local and/or ETSU communities)
2. Exhibit satisfactory performance and a positive image as a member of the ETSU community
* Self-nominations are encouraged and accepted!*
PAST HEALTH HEROES
Our 2012 Health Heroes:
They are Thomas Kinsley, Sarah Bradford and Dr. James Bowers.
Please click here for a picture of this year's winners. Great job
|(Shown above from left): President Stanton, Peggy Calkins (Health Hero), Beverly Bennett (Health Hero), Kate Van Antwerp (Fitting in Fitness winner), Robert Davidson (Health Hero), Scott Counts (Fitting in Fitness winner), Jodi Polaha (Health Hero), Ingrid Luffman (Health Hero), Jim Graeca (Fitting in Fitness winner)|
(Shown Above From Left) 2010 Health Hero Award Winners: Patricia Vanhook, Masoud Ghaffari, Barbara Mason on behalf of Brian Johnston, and William Dalton
Announcing the ETSU Health Heroes for 2010!
|February||William T. Dalton||Assistant Professor||Psychology|
|March||Brian Johnston||Assistant Athletic Dir. of Sports Medicine||Athletics|
|April||Masoud Ghaffari||Associate Professor||Nursing|
|May||Patricia Vanhook||Associate Dean/Professor||Nursing|