Division of Cross-Disciplinary Studies
Welcome! The Division of Cross-Disciplinary Studies offers more than a typical degree-completion program or multidisciplinary degree; programs of study are framed within a liberal arts context. This combines lifelong learning and intellectual flexibility with professional preparation and career skills. Students have opportunities to apply what they’ve learned in an outside setting. The senior capstone project, which equips students with research and analytical skills, can be applied to an internship, service learning project, or independent study. More flexible and convenient than ever before, you have the option of traditional, off-campus, and online classes.
Is Cross-Disciplinary Studies right for you?
A degree from the Division of Cross-Disciplinary Studies can open many doors for students. If you are looking for a diverse, personalized, and accessible degree program, our advisors can help you craft a degree specific to your areas of interest and career aspirations.
Types of students enrolled in our programs
- Individuals with a large amount of credit accumulated who want that credit to be degree applicable.
- Individuals employed full-time who are trying to find work-life balance.
- Adult learners who have reached the top of their career ladder and need a bachelor’s degree to move into management.
- Veterans wanting to complete a bachelor’s degree after serving our country.
- Traditional undergraduate students who have completed a considerable amount of coursework and now find themselves interested in pursuing a different path.
- Students whose academic and professional interests and needs fall between conventional disciplinary boundaries.
The ETSU Division of Cross-Disciplinary Studies offers four undergraduate degree programs. Click below to learn more about our degrees and how you can earn your bachelor’s degree.