- Traditional MALS
- Archival Studies
- Gender & Diversity Studies
- Regional and Community Studies
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- SCSAO Home
- Contact Us
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) is a flexible, interdisciplinary graduate program that offers students from a variety of backgrounds the opportunity to study across the boundaries of academic disciplines in order to create knowledge from multiple perspectives. Firmly grounded in the values of liberal education, it allows students to design an individualized program of study that enables them to develop complex, nuanced understanding of human society and culture.
Liberal Studies graduates have gone on to doctoral programs; have found employment in social service agencies, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and corporate and private outreach services; and have enhanced their positions with their current employers. In addition, earning a MALS degree has enabled some graduates to teach at community colleges and universities.
MALS students have the resources of the office of University Career Services at ETSU at their disposal for assistance in employment preparation. Services include:
- CV and resume development
- Critique of cover letters and required application correspondence
- Position searches in various areas
- Employer information and websites
- Salary surveys and projections
- Cost of living data
- Interview strategy and practice interviews
- Many other career-related support services.