- About Us
- Current Initiatives
- STEM Innovation Hub
- Current Issues
- Governor's School
- Contact Us
1. It will give special focus to addressing challenges that improve standards-based
approaches to improved math and science education and improved performances of elementary
and secondary students in math and science.
2. It will develop purposeful partnerships among communities, businesses, industry, government and education that draw on a legacy of Kellogg-funded focus on interdisciplinary and community-based initiatives.
3. It will support a new Governor's School for which the University seeks approval, a Governor's School in Scientific Models and Data Analysis that will, if the proposal Commissioner Seivers has is approved, feature a cutting edge interdisciplinary approach to math and science education.
4. It will support the revisioning of University School, ETSU's campus K - 12 laboratory school, as a science, mathematics, and technology-focused signature school.
5. It will facilitate linkage with the federal government, with regional compacts (SREB), with other colleges and universities, with state agencies and organizations (TBR, THEC, SBE, SDE) that pursue similar agendas, and with other agencies or foundations that support math and science education.
6. It will provide a web site depicting resources that are useful to mathematics and science educators.
7. It will seek support for a visiting professorship that will bring to the Center an outstanding math or science educator and will support an annual lecture series that brings to the region and state important researchers, teachers, and those who influence math or science education policy and practices.
8. It will serve as a clearing house for disseminating useful information, tools, and consultative service.
9. It will pursue strategies and create experiences to enhance teacher preparation and teacher professional development.
10. It will explore and seek support for programs aimed at increasing the supply and quality of math and science educators in Tennessee's work force.