- About the College
- Academic Departments
- University School
- Chair/Centers of Excellence
- Contact Us
Clemmer College of Education Scholarship Application
The Clemmer College of Education (CCOE) supported students with $104,500 of scholarship funds in 2017-2018. To be considered for funding from CCOE in 2018-2019, students must be enrolled at ETSU (or have been accepted as a prospective student for 2018-2019), and students must be majoring in a CCOE program.
A description of each scholarship is available here.
Students applying for the need-based scholarships offered by the Clemmer College of Education MUST complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be considered for need-based scholarships. CHANGES to the FAFSA process include the requirement to report income information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2018-2019 FAFSA, students (and parents, as appropriate) must report their 2016 income information rather than their 2017 income information. Therefore, students can file a 2018-2019 FAFSA as early as October 1, 2017
The scholarship application packet must be electronically submitted by the student
4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Checklist for Scholarship Application 2018-2019
In order to apply for Clemmer College of Education Scholarships, please compile the documents listed below and submit as ONE pdf file when you complete the application online:
Items to submit as a pdf file include:
1) One-page narrative introducing yourself and reasons why you merit this award (1 page typed, 1-inch margins, 12 pt Times New Roman font).
** IF applying for the Lauren E. Cole scholarship, please also include a short essay to address
a) why Parks and Recreation is important; and
b) what you plan to do with your degree.
**IF applying for the Jack Rhoton Scholarship Endowment for Science and Math Education, please also include a brief statement detailing plans to use math and/or science in your future career or profession.
2) Scanned copies of your official transcript(s) of all college credits earned. Transfer students must submit all official transcripts from previous college/universities.
3) Signed statement of Understanding of the Financial Aid Eligibility process (Form A).
4) Two (2) Letters of Reference along with Form B. Form B must be signed, attached to your reference letter, and included in your scholarship packet!
For help combining your files into one pdf, stop by the ETRC lab (209L Warf-Pickel Hall) or contact the ETRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.