- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Links of Interest
- Contact Us
Esports Management Graduate Certificate
Interested in running your own esports event, facility, or team? Get a leg up in one of fastest growing industries in the field with our new online graduate certificate. Available entirely online, this certificate is aimed at emerging professionals seeking to differentiate themselves in the fast growing esports management industry. The certificate will start enrolling for Fall 2020.
4 Courses (12 credit hours)
- Esports Governance & Management
- Esports Performance Management
- Choose 2 more courses from an approved list
Flexible Start: Applicants can enter in Fall, Spring, or Summer and finish in two semesters guaranteed.
A Focus on You:
- By choosing 2 of your courses, you can tailor your certificate toward the area of Esports you care about, such as marketing, facilities, communications or managing people
- Classes will incorporate project-based work, allowing you to engage with industry stakeholders as you learn
- Self-directed coursework allows you to work around your schedule
- Opportunities for engagement with industry leaders will build your network
Cost: $10,392 out-of-state; $7,512 in-state (approximate, check with Dr. Smith about cost differences based on your location and semesters enrolled)
Proposed Requirements for Admission:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Degrees from non-accredited institutions will be evaluated on an individual basis
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale for domestic students, and a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for international students
- A completed application form
- A personal essay of 300-500 words, detailing your interest in the Esports industry and why you want to enroll in the ETSU Esports Management graduate certificate program
- A non-refundable application fee of $55 ($65 for international students)
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses
- Contact information for three recommendations, focusing on your capability to successfully complete the academic work and work in the Esports industry
For more information, email Dr. Natalie L. Smith at SmithNL4@etsu.edu or call her office at 423-439-4382.
The ETSU Sport & Recreation Management program offers undergraduate degrees in Sport Management, Park & Recreation Management, and an online Sport Management (M.S.) graduate degree. Created in 1991, the program focuses on experiential learning and partners with local organizations including Bristol Motor Speedway, ETSU Athletics, Johnson City Cardinals, Johnson City CVB, and Johnson City Parks & Recreation. The #MoreThanAMajor ethos exemplifies the tight-knit, student-focused program housed within the Sport, Exercise, Recreation, and Kinesiology Department of Clemmer College. Follow the program’s news on Twitter & Instagram at @ETSU_SARM.