AAMC's Careers in Medicine ( CiM) is a career planning program designed to help you choose a medical specialty and select and apply to a residency program. This three phase process will guide you through the elements of career planning, including self-understanding, exploring a variety of medical careers, and finally choosing a specialty to meet your career objectives.
• Learn about making a good specialty choice through informative articles and useful tools
• Complete online self-assessments to help you identify your values, interests, skills, personality,and practice needs
• Maintain your assessment results in a secure, confidential Personal Profile
• Review extensive career information for over 100 specialties through the CiM Specialty Pages
• Access decision-making tools designed to help your select a specialty to residency programs
• View timelines, sample CV's and residency interview questions to help you in applying to residency programs
As a compliment to the CiM site, the QCOM Career Exploration program guides you through each year's activities and your participation in:
• Student (specialty) interest groups (SIG) meetings
• "Lunch and Learn" sessions
• One-to-one meetings / small group sessions with advisors
You will receive additional information at the start of each academic year (through the course management system D2L).