The Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Science includes general education and radiologic
science courses. After being accepted in to the program, students complete didactic and clinical education
courses over a period of five semesters. The program schedule lists specific courses and number of clinical hours completed each semester.
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol, TN
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City, TN
- Hawkins County Memorial Hospital, Rogersville, TN
- Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport, TN
- Indian Path Medical Center, Kingsport, TN
- Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, TN
- Laughlin Memorial Hospital, Greeneville, TN
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital, Elizabethton, TN
- Takoma Regional Hospital, Greeneville, TN
- Unicoi County Memorial Hospital, Erwin, TN
Elective Rotations are available at:
Students assigned to a clinical site in the Tri-Cities area are assigned to a home clinical site during Clinical Education I, II, and the first
10 weeks of Clinical Education III. Students rotate to an away clinical site for the
last 3 weeks of that semester and remain there through Clinical Education IV. They
rotate back to their home clinical site during Clinical Education V.
*Students assigned to LeConte Medical Center do not rotate to another clinical site during the program.
The clinical schedule is provided to students and clinical instructors at the beginning of each semester. The schedule follows a Monday through Sunday format with dates specified on the clinical schedule. Schedules may not be altered without approval of the clinical coordinator. All clinical hours are completed on day shift (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) except 2 weeks of after hours (1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) rotations each semester and weekend rotations.
One weekend rotation is completed during Clinical III, Clinical IV, and Clinical V. Hours for this rotation vary among clinical sites (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., or 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) Site specific information will be provided on the clinical schedule.
- Clinical III weekend rotation schedule: The student will complete 3 days of clinical during the Monday-Friday prior to the
scheduled weekend along with Saturday and Sunday within the specific Monday-Sunday
time frame. Days off must be used in the Monday-Friday prior to the weekend. Days
cannot be used at any other time. Days off must be approved by the clinical instructor.
- Clinical IV and V weekend rotation (Monday/Saturday/Sunday - M/S/S) schedule: The student will complete 3 total days on clinical on Monday, Saturday, and Sunday of the specified time frame. The student will not attend clinical on Wednesday or Friday.
Students must begin clinicals at their scheduled time. Do not plan to eat a meal at the beginning of a shift. Meals and breaks are included in the scheduled clinical education hours. Students are not allowed to leave the clinical education center during meal/break times unless approved by the clinical instructor. Students can take either a 30 minute lunch and 15 minute break or a 45 minute lunch.