- Dean's Message
- Our Vision, Mission & Goals
- Departments & Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
Hall of Fame and Distinguished Alumnus Award Guidelines
The purpose of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences (CCRHS) Hall of Fame and Distinguished Alumnus Award is to recognize and honor alumni and other individuals who have contributed in a significant way to the vision and mission of the College and/or who have distinguished themselves in their chosen fields, disciplines, positions, and/or occupations. Such contribution may be through having distinguished him/herself in his/her chosen profession, through the development of new programs, procedures, designs, models, teaching, writing, research, demonstrations, service, and/or management skills, or by other outstanding performance and having a record of consistent advancement and increased responsibility in his/her chosen profession. This contribution also may have been through directly demonstrated support of and/or service to the vision and mission of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences.
Nominations are accepted at any time
The deadline for this year is May 1
Nomination forms are available online to download and print at the following link:
Please follow the guideline below:
- Although nominations may be submitted at any time, an official call for nominations and an annual deadline for nominations (May 1) shall be publicized at the beginning of each academic year.
Nomination Submission Packet
The nomination submission packet should include:
- Online nomination form (required)
- Letter of support for the nominee that highlights achievement and how the nominee meets the criteria. The letter cannot exceed two pages.
- The nominees current CV or resume (if available)
- A document listing the nominee's accomplishments (required)
Method of Selection
The Selection Committee Consists of:
- Two faculty members in CCRHS, who is appointed for a three-year term by the Dean of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences
- Chair of the Philanthropy Board, or his/her designee
- Alumni Member, who is appointed for a three-year term by the Dean of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences
- One Associate Dean
- One member of the ETSU Alumni Board of Directors
The Selection Committee Chair, in consultation with the Dean, annually determines the schedule and deadlines for the selection process, which will typically be May 1.
Completed nominations are given to the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will meet together as a group to consider all nominees and to make their selections. The criteria for selection listed below shall provide the primary guidance for their determinations. Nominators who are also members of the Selection Committee will recuse themselves from voting on their nominee.
The names of those selected for the CCRHS Hall of Fame & Distinguished Alumnus by the Selection Committee are forwarded to the Dean. Nominees who are not selected may have their materials considered the following year as long as the nominator provides a current resume (if there is new information) by the deadline of the following year. Those not selected in the second year will not be considered again for three years.
No more than 6 awardees will be selected per year (maximum of 2 Distinguished Alumnus recipients and 4-5 Hall of Fame recipients.)
All nominators will be contacted by the Deans Office with regard to whether or not the nominee was selected.
The nominees selected to be either Distinguished Alumnus or inducted into the Hall of Fame shall be contacted by the Dean of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences.
The Dean's office, selects the recognition gift, determines the method of recognition, and develops the schedule for the presentation of the awards.
Criteria for Selection: Distinguished Alumnus
To be named the Distinguished Alumnus, a recipient:
- Must have earned his/her degree from CCRHS (CPAH) at least five years prior to the time of nomination.
- Must have contributed in a significant way to the vision and mission of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences as identified above in the Purpose of Award section.
- No more than two individuals shall be named Distinguished Alumnus. That person(s) shall be inducted in the Hall of Fame simultaneously.
Criteria for Selection: Hall of Fame
To be named to the CCRHS Hall of Fame, a recipient:
- Must have contributed in a significant way to the vision and mission of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences, as identified above in the Purpose of Award section.
- No more than five people (in addition to the Distinguished Alumnus) may be named to the Hall of Fame during any one academic year.
- To ensure permanent recognition, a plaque with the names of the Distinguished Alumnus and the members of the CCRHS Hall of Fame will be mounted on the Wall of Recognition in Lamb Hall.
- A gift commemorating the award is presented from the College to each recipient during an annual ceremony.
Eligibility: Distinguished Alumnus and Hall of Fame
- Both residents and non-residents of the state are eligible for the award.
- The recognition is not contingent upon a person's giving record or potential for giving.
- Nominees for the CCRHS Distinguished Alumnus Award must be graduates of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences (formerly the College of Public and Allied Health) of East Tennessee State University.
- Nominees for the CCRHS Hall of Fame do not have to be graduates of CCRHS or ETSU; however, they do have to fulfill the criteria for selection.
In order for a previous full-time employee of ETSU to be considered as a nominee for the Distinguished Alumnus or the Hall of Fame awards, at least 5 years must lapse since the nominee was last employed or enrolled in the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences. This includes a position as teaching adjunct.
Call (423) 439-7457 or email CARHS@etsu.edu