Nutrition Honors in Discipline
Qualifications & Application
Qualifications & Application for Honors in Discipline in Nutrition
Requirements for admission to program:
- Admission to Nutrition and Dietetics program (selective admission occurs in spring of sophomore year for admission in fall of junior year).
- Current ETSU student: must enter in their junior year with overall GPA of 3.2.
- Transfer student: must enter in the junior year with an overall GPA of 3.2
Requirements for Applicants
- Completed application
- 1-2 page personal essay describing your interest in studying nutrition and how participation in the H-I-D will benefit you.
- 2 letters of support from previous professors or professional mentors who can attest to your ability to successfully participate in additional work and meet deadlines.
Submit application packet to Dr. Andy Clark or deliver to:
Dr. Andy Clark
Room 372 Lamb Hall
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN 37614
Retention in program
- All Nutrition HID students must be nutrition majors.
- Enrollment with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester; scholarship recipients must enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester.
- Students must maintain the following cumulative GPAs : up to 45 hours 3.2; 46-60 hours 3.2; 60+hours: 3.25.