Deadlines tend to vary from program to program. Be sure to check your program's deadline on our graduate programs page.
General Admissions Requirements
Individual program requirements are additional to the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Degrees from non-accredited institutions will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for domestic students. (Some programs may require a higher GPA.)
- A completed application form.
- A personal essay of 150-300 words, detailing your interests in a graduate program at ETSU.
- A non-refundable application fee of $55.
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses.
Information contained on this page is not official and is subject to change. Consult the Graduate Catalog or your Graduate Program Coordinator for the most up-to-date information regarding the School of Graduate Studies' and departmental admission criteria. Individual program requirements can be found on the graduate programs page.
Domestic Applicant Instructions
- Check your program's requirements to determine the documents you will need for your application. Be sure to also check your program's deadlines as all application materials should be received by the stated deadline.
- On the Application Login page choose “Sign Up”
- Fill out the form with your “First Name”, “Last Name”, and “Email Address"
- You will receive an email with a link to set your password. Follow the link to create a new password. Passwords must use at least 8 characters.
- After setting your password you will be taken to the home page. Select "START A NEW APPLICATION" from the left side of your home page.
- Be sure to select "START APPLICATION" underneath Graduate and NOT Undergraduate.
- Select if you are a Domestic or International student, the Program Level, the Program Name, Concentration (if applicable), and the Term.
- After that you can start a your application and fill out the requested fields.
- Any requested documents, such as resume, unofficial transcripts, or CV, will need to be uploaded as PDFs.
- Once all items have been completed, select the “Review your application” button.
- Pay the non-refundable $55 application fee. The application fee must be paid for the application to be submitted.
- An unofficial transcript from every college or university where you have previously
taken courses, even if courses from one school appear as transfer courses on another.
- An official transcript from every college or university must be submitted by the end of your first semester. Official transcripts must sent directly from the issuing institution. Do not request copies of official transcripts in advance. Instructions on how to submit official transcripts will be provided, if you are accepted into the program
- Official GRE or GMAT test score reports must be sent directly to us from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). ETSU’s institution code is 1198
- Up-to-date immunization shots
Why are my recommenders are not receiving the request email?
This typically occurs due to our automated emails being flagged as spam. Please have your recommenders check their spam/junk folders. If the emails are not there, you will need to enter a personal email (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) for them as our automated emails are being flagged and blocked at a University/Company level.
How to check my application status?
You can check your application’s status by logging back into your account on our application portal.
My account is locked out.
If you are receiving a message that your account is locked out. You will need to contact our technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: You CANNOT change your password more than once in a 24-hour period.
How do I change my recommenders?
You can change your recommenders by logging back into your account and selecting your application.
How do I re-send request emails my recommenders?
You can re-send request emails your recommenders by logging back into your account and selecting your application.
Forgotten your username?
Your username is the email address that you signed up with. If you cannot remember your username, contact our technical support at email@example.com with your first and last name.