- About the School
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Coordinators
- Graduate Office Staff
- Scholarships, Grants, and Assistantships
- Important Dates
- Information & Tours
- Contact Us
The goal of the Thesis/Dissertation Scholarships is to support and encourage timely graduation of students who are writing their thesis and dissertation.
- The scholarship is limited to one semester. (1-6 graduate credit hours for Thesis/Dissertation or Readings and Research)
- The scholarship will cover tuition only.
- The student must be admitted to candidacy.
- Applicants cannot hold a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship concurrently with this scholarship.
- Applicants may not be awarded an ETSU scholarship to assist with out-of-state tuition at the same time as they are awarded an Thesis/Dissertation Scholarship.
Required Application Materials
Submit the following materials to the School of Graduate Studies at Gradscholarship@etsu.edu or to
Johnson City, TN 37614
- A letter of support from the thesis/dissertation committee chair that includes the
- Detailed description of support needed (time, writing, etc)
- Description on how the scholarship would benefit the student's progress
- Anticipated date of thesis/dissertation defense
- Copy of thesis/dissertation proposal/prospectus or available draft
- A letter from the graduate student that includes a detailed timeline that outlines progress as well as graduation date
- A completed application form
All materials must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester - July 1
- Spring Semester - November 1
- Summer Semester - April 1
- Detailed description of progress to the School of Graduate Studies, (monthly during Fall/Spring, bimonthly during Summer I and II). including copies of each draft during the scholarship semester.
- Report (at the end of the scholarship semester) including progress made and timeline for oral defense and submission of thesis/dissertation to the School of Graduate Studies.
- After the scholarship semester, a final report will be required that details when benchmarks were reached.