- Get Started: IRB Review Process
- Forms and Templates
- How To's & Brochures
- Post Approval
- Policies and Guidance
- Taking Part in Research
- Additional Resources
- Contact Us
In response to the coronavirus
Institutional Review Board (IRB) Information for Researchers
UPDATED March 24, 2020
Welcome to the Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a committee established to review research involving human subjects. The primary purpose of ETSU IRBs is to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in research under their authority. The ETSU Medical/VA and Campus IRB departments are an important part of ETSU's Human Research Protection Program.
- IRBManager - Online system for submitting New Protocols and changes to existing studies.
- CITI Training - Courses required before you can work on studies involving human research subjects
- IRB Board Meeting Schedules & Deadlines
- How to Submit a New Study - Discusses the training needed, what items to consider, and the steps to get you started with your new study.
- Student Check List - Guides Student Investigators through preparing for and completing the New Protocol Submission in IRBManager
- Faculty Advisor Check List - Corresponds with Student Check List and helps advisor work with students on their New Protocol Submission
- Medical Board Roster
- Campus Board Roster
- Policy Updates/Newsletters