Campus Recreation Reopening Information
CPA Reopen Plan
Campus Recreation is dedicated to creating safe environment for our students, faculty, staff, and members by implementing diverse facility solutions. This site will help you navigate the policies, protocols, and safety measures that are in place. Before visiting the CPA, please make sure you read, understand, and follow the guidelines outlined below.
CPA Workout Reservation
30-Minute Entry Window | 90-Minute Workout
Due to capacity limits that are in place to promote physical distancing, all members must use the online Member Portal to register in advance for a 30-minute time frame in which they plan to swipe-in to the CPA.
This represents the scheduled entry time. Example: if you register for 8 am-8:30 am, you must swipe-in and enter the CPA no earlier than 8:00 am and no later than 8:31 am. Once inside the facility, we request that you do not workout for more than 90 minutes.
Registration opens 24 hours prior and will close when all spots are filled and/or 30 minutes prior to the start of the swipe-in time slot.
More information regarding workout reservations is provided in the section below.
Lap Swimming Reservations
Due to capacity considerations, lane reservations are required. The pool is only open for lap swimming. Walk-ins, family swim, and guest passes are not permitted at this time.
Your reservation time is your swim time and you may check-in 15 minutes prior. You may select between a 30 minute reservation or 1 hour reservation.
You may reserve 1 time slot per day and only 1 patron per lane. You must swipe in before coming into the CPA and check-in with the Campus Recreation Sanitize Station, located near the Member Services Desk, to use the pool.
10am - 1pm
6:15am - 8:15am
4:00pm - 6:00pm
Climbing Wall Reservations
Due to capacity considerations, climbing wall reservations are required. The climbing wall is only open for active Campus Recreation Members. Walk-ins, guest passes are not permitted at this time. Your reservation time is your climb time and you may check-in 15 minutes prior. You may select between a 5pm reservation or 6pm reservation. Each reservation is for 45-minutes to climb the designated climbing route.
You may reserve 1 time slot per day and only 1 climber per rope/climbing route. You must swipe in before coming into the CPA and stop at the Campus Recreation Sanitize Station, located near the Member Services Desk, to use the wall. You will check-in at the Outdoor Adventure Center located to the right of the climbing wall.
Climbing Wall is Open:
5:00 PM - 5:45 PM
6:00 PM - 6:45 PM
Guidelines and Expectations
Workout Reservations Policies
All members must register in advance for a 30-minute time frame in which they plan to swipe-in to the CPA. YOU ARE NOT REGISTERING FOR A 30-MINUTE WORKOUT. This represents the scheduled entry time.
Example: if you register for 8 am-8:30 am, you must swipe-in and enter the CPA no earlier than 8:00 am and no later than 8:31 am. Early and/or late arrivals may not be honored.
- Members are expected to limit their workout to a maximum of 90 minutes once inside the facility. Members are asked to respect this limit in order to comply with capacity limitations.
Registration opens 1 day prior and will close when all spots are filled and/or 30 minutes prior to the start of the swipe-in time slot.
Workout Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Members can only register for one entry time slot per day.
Members that are no longer able to attend their workout reservation are expected to cancel their registration in advance through the portal. As capacity is limited, repeated failure to check-in for a Workout Reservation or members who register for more than one Workout Reservation per day may lose their privileges.
Walk-ins and guest passes are not permitted at this time
Accessing the Member Portal to Book a Workout Reservation
TO ACCESS THE MEMBER PORTAL, CLICK HERE
ETSU students and full-time faculty and staff should not use the sign-up button in Member Portal to create an account. Follow the instructions below to login in with your ETSU credentials.
To access the Member Portal for CPA members that are ETSU students, faculty, and staff
- Visit https://campusrec.etsu.edu/ to access the Member Portal.
- Click the Workout Reservations icon in the middle of the page.
- You will be prompted to login. Select ETSU login and login using your ETSU login credentials. Do not use local login.
- Proceed with selecting your workout reservation time. You will receive a confirmation
To access the Member Portal for CPA members that are Retirees, Alumni, Spouse/Domestic Partners, and Dependents:
- Visit https://campusrec.etsu.edu/ to access the Member Portal.
- Click the Sign-Up link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- You will be prompted to register and create a “New User Account”
You will need your ID number. This ID number starts with a “P” and can be found on your ETSU ID card.
- Once your profile is create, click the Workout Reservations icon in the middle of the page.
- Proceed with selecting your workout reservation time. You will receive a confirmation email.
- When prompted to login, always select Local Login. Do not use the ETSU login.
To Cancel Your Reservation
In the event you need to cancel your reservation, click your username in the upper right hand corner of the portal, click “Profile,” click “Program” on the left hand side and then click “Cancel” next to the appropriate workout reservation timeslot.
For more information or help accessing your member portal, please email email@example.com.
Entering & Exiting the CPA
- ETSU ID, current membership, and workout reservation are required for admittance to the CPA
- After swiping in, members will check-in at the workout reservation station
- All members must review the Tennessee Pledge questions
- Members must sanitize their hands before entering the fitness floor
- Members will be required to swipe out of the CPA in order to ensure accurate capacity counts are tracked
Face Covering Policy
- Face coverings are required to access the CPA and while patrons are moving about the facility. Patrons may remove their face covering while actively participating in exercise as long as they are practicing physical distancing.
- Patrons are required to resume wearing a face covering after their workout has concluded and/or as they are moving about the facility, including those exiting.
- Face coverings are also required in common spaces, such as Member Services, Equipment Desk, Administrative Suite/Sport Programs Suites, Hallways/Stairwells, and in the restroom/locker room (unless showering).
- Campus Recreation will have a limited supply of disposable face coverings for patrons who do not have their own face covering with them. These should not be requested on every visit to the CPA. Staff will track distribution on patron’s membership profile. A maximum of two (2) disposable masks per patron will be issued.
- Patrons are required to practice physical distancing while working out and to be mindful of their spacing to others.
- Lift what you know you can lift. Patrons should not attempt to lift max weight or attempt personal records during this time of physical distancing. If patrons require a spotter, both the lifter and spotter are expected to wear face coverings as physical distancing cannot be observed.
- The use of clips for bars will be discontinued to promote safety in solo lifting
- Patrons are prohibited from moving equipment such as benches/dumbbells/kettlebells as the equipment location/designated spot has been determined to best promote physical distancing
- Patrons will see a substantial increase in the availability of personal sanitation wipes provided for wiping down equipment, exercises spaces, and common touch points throughout the facility
- Patrons are encouraged to clean their equipment before use. Patrons are required to clean their equipment after use.
- Partner workouts are prohibited. Further defined: a workout in which equipment such as machines, benches, bars, & plates are shared between multiple patrons in alternating sets is prohibited.
Guest Passes and Memberships
- Due to capacity restrictions, guest passes will not be sold at this time.
- Memberships may be renewed/purchased any time the CPA is open.
- Immediate availability to use the facility after renewal/purchase may not be available due to capacity restrictions and workout reservation requirements.
- Before visiting, be sure to review all information related to purchasing a membership on our website here to review information about sponsors, identification/documentation requirements, alumni membership criteria and other important info.
- Please email Austin Seay, Graduate Assistant of Business Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any membership questions.
Campus Rec Outdoor Facilities
- The CPA side & front yard are open for outdoor activity.
- The Disc Golf Course is open for use
- The University Trails system is open for use
- The Campus Recreation Tennis Courts are open for use
- The Challenge Course is closed for the fall semester.
Campus Recreation Outdoor Facilities are open to ETSU students, faculty, staff, and CPA members. Physical distancing is expected at all outdoor facilities. Sharing of equipment is strongly discouraged. Pick-up games, scrimmages, and close contact competition are not permitted. Campus Recreation reserves the right to request ETSU ID be presented for use of outdoor facilities. Internal/External groups must have a reservation to use.
Release of Liability Statement
The Department of Campus of Recreation aspires to provide the ETSU community with the safest, most secure environment possible in all of its facilities, programs, and services. There are inherent risks and hazards involved in any physical activity or sport. Abrasions, contusions, dislocations, sprains, and more serious injuries are all possible when working out in a recreational facility or participating in recreational activities. The Department of Campus Recreation makes every practical effort to insure safe recreational facilities, programs, and services. Please be aware that ETSU maintains no blanket accident or health insurance coverage on persons participating in recreational activities on campus or sponsored programs off-campus. Anyone injured in such programs will be responsible for any and all medical expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions?
What to Bring with You?
- ETSU ID
- Filled water bottle
- Face covering
- Weight belt (if needed, as these will not be available for checkout)
Limit personal items/bags as you will be required to put these in a cubby or daily use locker.Patrons will not be permitted to bring basketballs/volleyballs/or indoor soccer balls into the facility at this time as Court 1-4 are closed to those activities.
What is Currently Open/Available at the CPA?
- Cardio and Weight equipment (1st floor only)Indoor Track
- Locker Rooms & Showers
- Gender Neutral Restroom & Shower
- Table Tennis (located on Court 3 | max of 2 players per table)
- Equipment Checkout (limited to locker keys, towels, mats, and foam rollers)
- Outdoor Gear & Buc Bike Rentals
- Bottle Filling Stations
What is Closed/Not Available at the CPA?
Indoor Climbing Wall
Martial Arts & Yoga Studios, Cycle Studio,& Group Fitness Studio
Core/stretching areas (1st and 2nd floor)
Courts 1-4 (basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer are not permitted at this time)
In-Person Group Fitness Classes & Personal Training
Casual Care (will remained closed for fall semester)
Outdoor adventure trips
These facilities spaces and services will be open as we progress through a phased approach of reopening.
Is the CPA available for facility reservations for Student Orgs, Departments, & External Groups?
Due to capacity restrictions, facility reservations for student groups, campus departments, and external groups may be limited at this time,
Email Adam Knobloch, Associate Director of Campus Recreation, at email@example.com for information about reservations.
What are the CPA Hours?
Monday-Friday 6:00 am-1:30 pm | 3:30 pm-8:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 1:30 pm | 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 5 pm | 6:00 pm - 8 pm
The CPA will close daily to disinfect the building and exercise equipment using an electrostatic fogger. Doors to the CPA will lock 15 minutes prior to closing. All patrons must be prepared to exit the facility at closing.
Need More Information?