- Services Provided
- Meet the Staff
- Make an Appointment
- FAQ and Myths
- Calendar of Events
- Self Help
- Helping Others
- Community Resources
- Alcohol & Drug
- THRIVE Suicide & Violence Prevention
- Division of Student Life and Enrollment Home
- Contact Us
Be the Hero Video Challenge
As part of Civility Month 2017, the Counseling Center is challenging students to create their own short bystander intervention videos on one of the following themes:
- Disordered Eating
- Substance Abuse
- Suicide Prevention
Videos/films/animated shorts should increase awareness of the
importance of bystander intervention on campus and be suitable for public viewing.
Click here for an application.
Click below for submission instructions.
Questions may be emailed to:
1. Challenge is open to all ETSU student organizations or informal groups of 3 or more
2. Only one video may be submitted per organization or group.
3. Video must be no longer than 90 seconds (.mp4 or .mov).
4. Overall content must reflect Be the Hero theme.
5. Specific content must educate fellow students on one of the five following areas of
b. Alcohol and/or Drug Misuse
d. Suicide Prevention
e. Disordered Eating
6. Content must be appropriate for public viewing.
7. Applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday March 29, 2017. Videos must be submitted no later than Friday March 31, 2017.
8. One winning video will be selected in each category. A GRAND PRIZE winner will be selected from category winners.
9. WINNING VIDEOS in each category will be shown at the Summit Awards Event on Tuesday April 11, 2017;
the GRAND PRIZE winner will receive a special prize package worth $100.