Alcohol 101 Learning Objectives (60-minute presentation)
- Learn about the Harm Reduction approach to alcohol and substance use.
- Discuss the pros and cons of alcohol use.
- Learn about the "perfect buzz" (point of diminishing returns).
- Learn about how men and women process alcohol differently.
- Learn about how weight plays into your Blood Alcohol Content calculation.
- Learn what a "standard" drink is.
- Learn your personal drink count.
- Learn about risky drinking and how to make safer choices, if you choose to drink.
- Learn about the myths vs. realities related to sobering up.
- Learn about how to recognize an alcohol emergency, and what to do about it.
- Learn about alcohol's interaction with other drugs.
- Learn about "social norms" and explore "perception vs. reality" about drinking on college campuses nationally and at ETSU.
- Receive resources for additional information about alcohol, marijuana, and opioids
- Receive information about local alcohol and substance misues resources.