Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Event Ticket Sales Hours
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Student Activities and Organizations is housed in the Basler Center for Physical Activity, room 213.
Wayne G. Basler Center for Physical Activity
1244 Jack Vest Drive
Johnson City, TN 37614
Student Activities and Organizations has many student organization offices, Buctainment, SAGA, Student Activities, Multicultural Office, Leadership and Civic Engagement, Residency Housing, Sorority and Fraternity Life, Student Government Association, and New Student and Family Life Program offices along with supplies and equipment for registered student groups.
The mission of Student Activities and Organizations is to promote the goals of the University by
- Enhancing communication between student organizations and university staff
- Improving collaboration and synergy between organizations and administrators in order to form partnerships and offer high-quality and well-attended programs
- Fostering respect for the diversity of people and ideas at ETSU through program and organization offerings
- Increasing awareness of the range of student organizations, activities and available resources for all students
- Strengthening the communication, leadership, and organization skills among members of student organizations
- Enhancing the visibility of student groups, their needs and their programs
- Assist new and continuing students to become involved in campus life, and find the needed resources and information.
- Support student organizations Academic, Fraternity and Sorority, Honor, Religious, Residence, Service, Special Interest, University Sponsored etc.
- Provide leadership education for students and student organizations.
- Assist students in programming to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
- Provide information about ETSU campus and activities.
The number one resource SAO offers groups is access to other organizations in order to share resources, ideas and event plans.
Resources available to registered organizations include:
Computers with all types of software
Printers & Copiers (all sizes, black & white and color)
Button making machine
Markers, paints & die-cut machines
Paper folders, paper cutter, hole punchers and staplers
. . . and much more
Each registered organization is allotted 500 copies using black-and-white ink per month, as well as 100 color ink copies per semester. (Two sided printing does count as two copies).