In response to the coronavirus
The UCAC will continue to conduct official businessPlease see the COVID-19 Update for DLAR and the UCAC (below) for the most recent plan for the animal facilities and the University Committee on Animal Care. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University Committee on Animal Care (UCAC) is charged with the oversight of animal care and use in all programs associated with the University including, but not limited to:
- Establishing policies regarding the use of animals in research and teaching
- Ascertaining compliance with applicable federal regulations and guidelines
- Acting as the internal certifying agency concerning animal care and welfare
- Animal research protocol review and approval process
- Investigation of alleged noncompliance with regulations, guidelines and policies