Real-Time, Online Tutoring Appointments
- Free, live, interactive tutoring sessions with ETSU tutors for writing, math, science, and more!
- Every subject supported in the CFAA is now available online through GoBoard.
What you need to participate:
- Chrome or Firefox web browser.
- Audio and a microphone.
- We recommend a headset with microphone. You do not need a webcam.
- Images of anything you would like to share with your tutor (paper, homework problems, lecture slides) saved as pdf files.
How to Schedule and Participate in Online Tutoring Appointments
To make an online appointment, make an individual tutoring appointment in WCOnline and select the "Online" option in the appointment form when prompted.
On the day of your appointment, you will receive an email with the link to your GoBoard room. To use your GoBoard room, please read the instructions and tips below.
1. Make sure that you are using a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser to access your GoBoard room. GoBoard is not compatible with Internet Explorer or Safari. (Need to download Chrome? Go here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/).
2. On the day of your appointment, you will receive an email with instructions for accessing and participating in your appointment. You can also access your appointment by copying and pasting the GoBoard link inside your appointment in WCOnline into the address bar in your web browser.
3. To communicate with your tutor, either have a microphone available or enable the microphone built in your computer. GoBoard will prompt you to enable your microphone when accessing your tutoring room.
4. Maximize your screen to see as much of the board as possible.
Click here to learn more about features and tools available to you during your GoBoard session.
For help downloading a browser, working your microphone, saving a file as a pdf, or other technology issuues, please call the ITS help desk at 423-439-4648.
For help scheduling or participating in an online tutoring session, please call the CFAA at (423) 439-7111.
Other Helpful Online Resources: