- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Incoming Resident/Fellow Resources
- Current Resident Resources
- Policies & Procedures
- Physician Wellness
- Calendar of Events
- Contact Us
Calendar of Events
Residents as Teachers Workshop (RAT)
Teaching residents how to teach is a critical part of residents' training in graduate medical education. Residents play a critical role in educating Quillen College of Medicine medical students as well junior learners. All learners are involved in ongoing professional and personal development.
This workshop will address teaching skills relevant to both clinical and non-clinical settings such as providing effective feedback, precepting skills, and teaching at the bedside. All current Quillen interns will be scheduled to participate during one session. Please communicate with your program coordinator regarding which date you are scheduled to attend.
Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 8:00 am - 2:30 pm Millennium Centre, Johnson City, TN
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019 8:00 am - 2:30 pm Millennium Centre, Johnson City, TN
2019 Incoming Resident Orientation
The Office of Graduate Medical Education Orientation will be held Thursday, June 20, 2019 and commences at 8:00 am in Stanton-Gerber Hall, VA Building 178. Each specialty program will have scheduled training and events through June 30. You will be notified by your respective program of the details.
- Ballad Health Orientationwill be held at Johnson City Medical Center Hospital, 7th Floor Auditorium, Friday, June 21, 2019, 8:00 am-11:00 am
- Veterans Administration Medical Center Orientation will be held, VA Building 200, Lower Level Conference Room, #A061, Monday, June 24, 2019, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
2019 SVMIC Resident Seminar (two sessions)
All Quillen College of Medicine residents and fellow must attend one of the sessions
The sessions will be held at the Millennium Center in Ballroom C.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- 9:00 am -11:00 am
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm