- Cost of Your Education
- Types of Financial Aid
- Student Service Positions
- Financial Planning
- Apply for Aid
- Mid-Year Transfer Student
- Financial Aid Requirements
- Paying Your Bill
- Loan Repayment
- Dates & Deadlines
- Contact Us
Once you have successfully submitted your FAFSA, met all of your financial aid requirements, and received an award notification via Email there are still a number of steps you must complete before your financial aid is issued to you.
If you have not yet received an award notification
- Log onto GoldLink to check for changes to your account.
- Make sure that you have met all the requirements for financial aid.
- Check your Email account for your award notification.
To receive your Financial Aid Awards.
- Click on “Your Account & Awards”
- Click on “Award for Aid Year View/Accept”
- Select Aid Year
- Click on “Accept Award Offer” tab
- Accept full or partial awards or decline awards on this page according to the instructions
- Check for any additional 'Unsatisfied Student Requirements' the next business day
If you find that you have unsatisfied requirements visit this page for help with how to resolve them.
Who needs to complete Entrance Counseling?
- Students accepting Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Direct Loans have to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling.
- Parents or Graduate Students accepting PLUS Loans must complete Entrance Counseling at studentloans.gov if credit was denied and you have added a credit worthy endorser.
Who needs to complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note?
- Students accepting Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Direct Loans have to complete an MPN if they have not borrowed a loan through the Direct Loan program previously through ETSU. Parent PLUS and GRAD PLUS Loan borrowers must complete an MPN each year.
- For students requesting the Subsidized or Unsubsidized Direct Loans: go to the Direct Loan website https://www.studentloans.gov to complete the MPN using your Department of Education FSA ID.
- For the Parent PLUS Loan: the parent must go to studentloans.gov and sign into "Manage My Direct Loan" using the parent's SSN# and FSA ID.
- If you are requesting a Parent Plus Loan, your parent must log on to studentloans.gov to complete a Plus Application. If you are requesting a Graduate Plus loan, you must log in on studentloans.gov to complete the Plus Application.
The amount you wish to borrow must be listed on the Plus Application.
- You must submit a new application on studentloans.gov each time you would like to be evaluated for additional plus loan funding.
- Check your "Student Requirements" frequently because new requirements can be added daily.
You can confirm your registration through GoldLink by ONE of the following methods:
- Confirm with payment or Enroll in a payment plan
- Confirm with Financial Aid
- I will not be attending
- If you have been offered enough financial aid to cover the student account balance
and it is authorized on your Student Account Detail then you can:
- Click on “Student “Click on "Confirm Registration"
- Select the appropriate term
- Select "Confirm with Financial Aid"
- You will see a conformation that your schedule is confirmed
- If you have been offered enough financial aid to cover the student account balance and it is authorized on your Student Account Detail then you can:
- Click on ‘Student’ in the GoldLink Portal
- Click on 'Account’
- Click on ‘Set Up Direct Deposit’
- Click on 'eRefunds'
- Use your banking account and routing number information.
- Do NOT input a debit card number
For more information about setting up direct deposit visit this page.
How do I find out more information about the types of awards?