Graduate Programs Overview
Excellence Everyday in Nursing Education, Research, and Practice
- Our program is online, which makes it convenient with your schedule.
- DNP and PhD students participate in an intensive week session at the start of each semester.
- We have many certificate programs for students interested in changing/learning a new focus [https://tinyurl.com/y8v6rq7n]
- DNP and MSN Programs Named 2020 Top in U.S. News & Report.
- We provide our students the 1:1 attention they deserve!
The College of Nursing offers a variety of options for student looking to continue their nursing education. Certificate, RN-MSN,MSN, DNP and PhD options are available. The ETSU College of Nursing offers many different concentration areas to help students focus on their area(s) of interest. For more information please contract email@example.com or call 423-439-4578.
The College of Nursing graduate study leading to the Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) designed to prepare registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree in nursing for advanced nursing practice. The nursing education major is designed to prepare individuals for the nurse educator role in academic or staff development settings. It reflects the nurse educator competencies developed by national organizations and is comprehensive in nature. The nursing administration concentration prepares students for employment or advancement in nursing leadership/management. Students in this concentration will consult and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and direct health care systems through integration research and scholarship.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program offers a terminal professional degree for those who wish to pursue or further their career as an advanced practice nurse focusing on healthcare needs of specific populations. The College of Nursing currently offers four concentrations within the degree: Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Executive Leadership, Family Nurse Practitioner, and Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
The purpose of the Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (Ph.D.) degree program at ETSU is to prepare expert practitioners and nurse scientists who are capable of conducting research that will improve health and provide leadership in the health care delivery system. Graduates of the program will meet an escalating need for nurse educators and researchers in schools of nursing, health agencies, and complex health care delivery systems across the state and nation.
The Post-Graduate certificate programs offer a Post-Master’s certificate for nurses who have completed a Master of Science in Nursing degree. This customized special studies program provides education and clinical training in the FNP role. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible for the national certification examination.
- Nursing, D.N.P. (Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Concentration)
- Nursing, D.N.P. (Executive Leadership in Nursing Concentration)
- Nursing, D.N.P. (Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration)
- Nursing, D.N.P. (Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration)
- Nursing, DNP ETSU-TTU (Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner)*
- Nursing, DNP ETSU-TTU (Executive Leadership in Nursing Concentration)*
- Nursing, DNP ETSU-TTU (Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration)*
- Nursing, DNP ETSU-TTU (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care Concentration)*
- Nursing, DNP ETSU-TTU (Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration)*
- Nursing, DNP ETSU-TTU (Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner)*
- Nursing, Forensic Nursing, Graduate Certificate
- Nursing, M.S.N. (Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration)
- Nursing, M.S.N. (Nursing Administration Concentration)
- Nursing, M.S.N. (Nursing Education Concentration)
- Nursing, M.S.N. (Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration)
- Nursing, Ph.D.
- Nursing, Post-D.N.P. Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, Graduate Certificate
- Nursing, Post-Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner, Graduate Certificate
- Nursing, Post-Graduate Nursing Administration, Graduate Certificate
- Nursing, Post-Graduate Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Graduate Certificate
*denotes Joint DNP program with TTU
When you are admitted to the program, a faculty advisor will be assigned to you.
Since College of Nursing advisors develop specific knowledge about the program they serve, it is best to insure you receive accurate information. Contact your advisor or the Graduate Progression advisor Chelsey Mitchell P 423-439-4319, firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on matters such as withdrawing, dropping/adding, course approval forms, and other topics related to your successful progression through the program.
Questions About Admission