Excellence Everyday in Nursing Education, Research, and Practice
To provide mentoring and faculty development, as a cohort, to newly hired academic
nurse educators to meet their individual needs as they transition into academia in
the areas of research, teaching, and service.
A commitment to an environment that is caring, nurturing, and promotes professional success and retention of newly hired academic nurse educators..
To provide ongoing support, coaching, guidance, and faculty development for newly hired academic nurse educators by implementing and following the CON Mentoring Program’s Cohort Mentorship Model
Methods to Achieve Goal
Mentoring program will:
- Provide faculty development information sessions specific to model semester topics
- Provide CNEs to attendees
- Conduct formative and summative assessments to evaluate the Mentoring Program’s effectiveness
- Strongly encourage new academic nurse educator participation in mentoring program
After completing the Mentoring Program, mentees are expected to report positive personal
and professional advancement as they transition to the role of an academic nurse educator
- "Preparation of academic nurse educators", by Tracy L. Booth | Christi J. Emerson | Michele G. Hackney | Sharon Souter [Click here for article]
- "Creating a career legacy map to help assure meaningful work in nursing", by Pamela S. Hinds, PhD, RN, FAAN | Dorienda R. Britton, BS | Lael Coleman, BA | Eileen Engh, MSN, RN-BC, CPN | Tina Kunze Humbel, MSN/MHA, RN-BC, CPN, CCRN | Susan Keller, BS, MLS, MS | Katherine Patterson Kelly, PhD, RN | Johanna Menard, BSN, RN, CPN | Marlene A. Lee, MSN, RN | Renee Roberts-Turner, DHA, MSN, RN, NEBC, CPHQ | Dory Walczak, MA, MSHI, RN, NE-BC, CPHQ [Click here for Article]
- "The RWJ Executive Nurse Fellows Program, Part 2; Mentoring for Leadership Success", by Janis P. Bellack, PhD, RN, FAAN | Robin L. Morjikian, MPA [Click here for Article]
- "Critical Thinking: The Development of an Essential Skill for Nursing Students", by Ioanna V. Papathanasiou | Christos F. Kleisiaris | Evangelos C. Fradelos | Katerina Kakou | Lambrini Kourkouta [Click here for article]
- Duis dictum dolor vel dui commodo, vel volutpat magna placerat.
- Phasellus ullamcorper tellus vel molestie lacinia.
- Etiam dictum purus et aliquam eleifend.
- Donec vitae lectus sed nisl ultrices finibus a at purus.
- "Cognitive Codes and Test Construction" [Click here for presentation]
- "The Mystery of NCLEX Unravelled" [Click here for presentation]
- "Best Practices in Teaching Strategies", by Patsy Miller-Pampkin, PhD, MSN, RN; April 11, 2016 [Click here for pdf of Power Point]
As in instructor, if you have not completed D2L training, you will need to sign up for a training time to gain access. If you already have had access, please visit the D2L tutorial site for best practices.