Dr. Fred J. Alsop III Gallery
- The original gallery of the museum and the largest display area with approximately
2,400 sq. ft.
- Houses static displays in lighted, glass-fronted display cases
- 2 display cases devoted to George L. Carter and the Clinchfield Railroad
- 6 display cases with railroad artifacts and memorabilia, model railroad displays, and other railroad themed materials that are seldom changed.
- 2 display cases that have rotating display items often focused on the months Heritage
- Wall displays of railroad paintings, charts and photos
- Donors appreciation wall
- Three operating model train layouts
- 44 x 24 foot HO-Scale DCC layout depicting Southern Appalachian in the summer owned and operated by members of the Mountain Empire Model Railroaders (MEMRR)
- 22 x 12 foot N-Scale DC layout depicting Knoxville, TN owned by ETSU and operated by members of the MEMRR
- 14 x 5 foot G-Gauge DC layout depicted 19th century western sawmill town owned by ETSU and operated by members of the MEMRR
- Small adjacent work and repair room