Students who have completed the sophomore or junior year in high school may be eligible to enroll for ETSU courses while in high school. Please review the information here and you can start your application at any time.
Steps for Dual Enrollment
- Submit your ETSU application at etsu.edu/apply
- Choose "Dual Enrollment" as your student type
- Complete the dual enrollment authorization form and email to email@example.com
- Complete your dual enrollment grant application
The deadline to apply for fall 2021 is August 3.
- 3.0 or higher high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Acceptable test score
- ACT minimum composite score of 19 with no subscore below 19
- SAT minimum composite score of 900 with no subscore below 450
- PLAN (may be used for juniors who have not completed the ACT/SAT) minimum composite score of 19 with no subscore below 19
- Aspire (may be used for juniors who have not completed the ACT or SAT) minimum score of 435 with no subscore below 435
- Accuplacer score that meets the university requirement for the class. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the Accuplacer by 15 business days before the first day of classes.
- Permission of the high school principal or counselor as well as parents to enroll
Why Do Dual Enrollment At ETSU
- Dual enrollment at ETSU is cost-effective. Scholarships are available to make ETSU
one of the lowest cost dual enrollment institutions in the region for qualifying students.
- Click here to see an example of how cost effective it is to earn college credit through dual enrollment at ETSU.
- Benefit from wide-ranging opportunities and top-quality programs, balanced with a small-college feel and the personal attention you deserve. ETSU faculty are experts in their field and committed to student success.
- ETSU dual enrollment students get a student ID that gives access to state-of-the-art university facilities including the Sherrod Library, the Basler Center for Physical Activity, and the newly renovated Culp student center
- Access to various campus events including concerts and sporting events
- Access to student discounts at local businesses
- Dual enrollment at ETSU is cost-effective. Scholarships are available to make ETSU one of the lowest cost dual enrollment institutions in the region for qualifying students.
Key Contacts for Dual Enrollment
For information about the dual enrollment grant, scholarship, and cost of classes, contact:
For information about class selection or advising needs, contact:
For information about applying or general dual enrollment information, contact:
Dual Enrollment Grant Program (Tennessee Lottery)
Dual Enrollment students may qualify for up to $1200 per academic year. Students must maintain a 2.75 cumulative college GPA to continue receiving the Dual Enrollment Grant.
Complete your dual enrollment grant application
ETSU Dual Enrollment Scholarship ProgramDual Enrollment students who present a 3.4 or higher high school GPA, may qualify for a Dual Enrollment Scholarship through ETSU. The Dual Enrollment Scholarship is awarded only in combination with the Dual Enrollment Grant.
Paying For Classes
Students admitted as dual enrollment students may be eligible for the Dual Enrollment Grant. In addition, students may qualify for an ETSU Dual Enrollment Scholarship. Consult your high school counselor or the ETSU Undergraduate Office of Admissions for additional information.
Dual Enrollment Students may register for no more than 11 semester hours of credit in a given semester. Additional fees are required for courses in specific programs. A dual enrollment student's eligibility to enroll for courses is determined by Admissions personnel in consultation with the student, parents, high school officials, and ETSU departmental representatives.
Dual Enrollment Courses
Students can take most introductory level courses for which they meet the prerequisites. Always consult with your guidance counselor to ensure the course will meet your educational goals and to confirm the prerequisites.
- Click here to view a Dual Enrollment Course Listing
Click here to view all ETSU courses for the upcoming semester.
Registering For Classes
You will need to log in and activate your GoldLink and ETSU email accounts. You will register for your classes using self-service banner on GoldLink once you have activated that account. Here are the steps to get started:
- Go to etsu.edu/activate and activate your account using your ETSU ID number. If you need your ID number, please contact us
- Once you have activated your accounts, go to goldlink.etsu.edu and log in to your student account. There you will select the “Student” tab -> “Registration Tools” -> “Add or Drop Classes” -> You will then enter your CRN for the class you have selected to take. If you do not remember these CRNs, please contact us at email@example.com or
Get Help with how to register at etsu.edu/reg/registration/howtoregister.php