Programs Abroad Options
1: Teach a course at Harlaxton College (Grantham, England)
With this option, the faculty can focus on the academic content only and does not need to make group travel arrangements.
2: Lead a faculty-directed program abroad (through an ETSU partner institution or organization):
A faculty-directed program abroad is when a faculty travels with a group of students to another country. A majority of programs are for-credit in the Summer, with students participating in coursework in the morning and participating in group excursions in the afternoon. However, faculty may also lead not-for-credit, or experiential, programs abroad during other terms.
Programs will need a faculty teacher/instructor and an on-site director. Faculty can choose one of the following options to create their program abroad:
- Organizations that assist with travel arrangements and course-building:
- An ETSU Partner Institution
Documents for Faculty
- Faculty Checklist for Summer 2022 Programs: Note: this document will not be applicable to semesters beyond Summer 2022. This is a full guide for faculty pursuing, or accepted into, faculty-led courses or programs abroad. This guide is meant to be viewed alongside the Faculty Cohort meetings.
- Student Checklist for Summer 2022 Faculty-Led Programs: Note: this document will not be applicable to semesters beyond Summer 2022. This is a checklist for faculty to distribute (if they wish) to students participating in their faculty-led courses/programs abroad
- Budget Template
Policies for Faculty
- Study Abroad Policy & Requirements
- Policy on Risk Assessment and Management for Education Abroad Programs
Emergency Phone Numbers
In case of a life-threatening emergency while abroad, faculty, staff and students may refer to the appropriate numbers below. All are 24/7/365 availability phone numbers.
ETSU Public Safety
- For help contacting the appropriate professional at ETSU (Education Abroad, Academic Affairs, etc.)
- (423) 439-6900
CISI Health/Travel Insurance, Arch Team Assist
- For medical emergencies and pre-departure, medical, travel, and legal assistance
- Toll-free in the US: (855) 951-2326
- Outside the US (Call Collect): (443) 470-3043
- Email: email@example.com
(8 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Monday through Friday)