The University Honors Scholars program, limited in size and admission, is competitive. Twenty-two scholars and two alternates (without UHS scholarship) are selected each year for fall matriculation.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must provide evidence of:
- ACT of 29 or higher composite (without the writing score) or SAT of 1350 or higher composite based on the math and reading scores only;
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 unweighted scale;
- Community and school service and other leadership activities;
- Commitment to pursue a 4-year baccalaureate degree at ETSU's Johnson City campus.
- Currently enrolled ETSU students, transfer students, non-degree seeking students, and second baccalaureate degree students are not eligible for this program.
- If you are graduating from high school Spring 2018 with dual enrollment credit, even an Associate Degree, you will be considered an incoming freshman by ETSU and you are eligible for the UHS program. You are not eligible for the Midway Honors Scholars Program.
- We will not accept December ACT/SAT scores
If you have questions about your eligibility to apply for the ETSU University Honor Scholars Program or the application submission process, please Contact Us.
The application deadline was December 15th. Applications for Fall 2018 are currently being reviewed. We expect to make our first round of offers during the first week of February.
The application for fall 2019 will be live on August 1st, 2018.