- Community Health Centers
- School Based Health Centers
- Nurse Managed Health Centers
- Patient Forms
- Clinic News Feeds
- Quality Measures
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- Contact Us
Mountain City Extended Hours Health Center (MCEHHC), which opened in September 1990 is a federally certified Rural Health Clinic serving the residents of Johnson County, TN and neighboring counties. Providing primary care, prenatal care and behavioral health services in a primary care setting to the community. Since 1998, the “Extended Hours Clinic” has been located in space inside the Johnson County Community Hospital.
This center is a nurse-managed facility established in 1990 with the following nurse practitioner providers:
Family Nurse Practitioners
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Dr. William Allen Garrett,
- Acute, chronic and preventive healthcare
- Screening programs
- Treatment for common illnesses and injuries
- Routine gynecological care
- Prenatal care
- Newborn care
- Mental/Behavioral health counseling
- Health education
- Home visits
- Complete physical examinations
- "Well-child check-ups"
- Pediatric and adult immunizations
- School and employment physicals
The healthcare providers at the Mountain City Extended Hours Health Center are credentialed with most major health insurances as well as TennCare and Medicare.
Please call to verify your insurance is accepted.
What to bring on your first visit
The Patient Registration Form must be completed prior to your first visit. We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and are required by Federal law to collect some of the information asked in the packet for statistical purposes only. This is reported annually on a total patient basis. Individual patient information is not reported or disclosed.
Our providers desire to make your first visit with us a success and are interested in learning as much as possible about your current health status. Please come prepared to talk about your health history with your new provider. Please bring your signed patient information form, photo ID and all of your bottles of all medications you are currently taking.
If you are insured with TennCare, Medicare or private insurance, please bring your insurance card and photo ID. To qualify for the sliding fee discount a signed sliding fee application will also need to be submitted.
Please complete both sides of the forms. Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to serving you.
The Nurse Practitioners and Staff of the ETSU Community Health Centers
1901 South Shady Street
Mountain City, TN 37683
After-Hours Contact: (888) 915-7250
Hours of Operation
Note: New patients accepted, Please call to schedule an appointment.
Monday 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
College of Nursing Clinical Rotation, Research, and Grant Requests
If you wish to complete a precepted clinical placement, conduct research at, or submit a grant for one of the ETSU College of Nursing, nurse-led clinics, please review the information below:
Clinical Rotations Request Process and Requirements for College of Nursing Clinics
CLINICAL ROTATION REQUEST PROCESS
To request a clinical rotation within the College of Nursing (CON) Nurse-Led Clinics (Johnson City Community Health Center, Johnson City Downtown Day Center, University Health Center, Hancock County School Based Health Center, or Mountain City Extended Hours Health Center please follow the process and timeline below:
To be considered for a clinical rotation all requests must be submitted to Lisa Bowen via email in the Office of Practice addressed to CHCStudents@etsu.edu, on or after the dates listed below with “Clinical Rotation Request” in the subject line of the email. These dates will remain the same year to year.
Spring Semester: July 1
Summer Semester: November 1
Fall Semester: February 1
EXAMPLE: To request a rotation for Spring 2019, requests will be accepted no earlier than 7/01/18.
The following information must be included in your request for consideration:
- Student Name
- E# (If ETSU Student)
- Student Email
- Phone Number
- School Attending
- Program (FNP, DNP, etc.)
- Expected Graduation Date
- Which specialty is being requested (Adult, Pediatrics, Women’s Health)
- Number of Hours Needed
- Preferred Clinical Site (JCCHC, JCDDC, UHC, HCSBHC, MCEHHC)
- Date confirmation of acceptance into program needed by
CON CLINICAL ROTATION REQUIREMENTS
Upon acceptance by the Office of Practice to complete a clinical rotation within the CON Clinics students must provide the following prior to beginning their clinical rotation:
- Criminal Background Checkcompleted within the past 12 months
- Proof of Immunizations:
- Influenza – 1 dose of vaccine annually
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) - two doses (dose #1 now, #2 at least 28 days later or positive titer indicating immunity)
- Hepatitis B – 3 dose series (dose #1 now, #2 in 1 month, #3 approximately 5 months after #2 or positive titer indicating immunity)
- Tdap or Td Booster – one dose of vaccine within the past 10 years
- Varicella – 2 dose series 4 weeks apart or positive titer indicating immunity
- Evidence of negative TB skin test annually, or chest x-ray if positive
- Completion and/or proof of ETSU HIPAA Part One and HIPAA Part Two Training
- Completion and/or proof of ETSU Pathogen Training
- Completion and/or proof of ETSU Portable Fire Extinguishers Training
- Completion and/or proof of ETSU Hazard Communication Standard Training
- Completion and/or proof of ETSU Emergency Preparedness Training
- Proof of CPR Certification
- Completion and proof of Electronic Health Records (EHR) Basic Training (Please contact Lisa Bowen in Office of Practice for your specific training requirements)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CON STUDENTS: Clinical Requirements for the CON Clinics very closely aligns with requirements ETSU CON students had to meet upon acceptance into their program. Therefore, much of the required documentation may already have been uploaded to Project Concert. Upon acceptance, your documentation in Project Concert will be reviewed by the Office of Practice, and you will receive notification of any additional documentation or updates needed to your file.
Documentation required by both the CON and CON Clinics are listed above in italics. Documentation listed in bold is additional information required by CON Clinics above and beyond the CON requirements.
Student Research and Practice Project Requests with College of Nursing Clinics
Students who need to implement a project within any of the College of Nursing (CON) Nurse-Led Clinics (Johnson City Community Health Center, Johnson City Downtown Day Center, University Health Center, Hancock County School Based Health Center, or Mountain City Extended Hours Health Center please follow the process and timeline below:
To have a project considered for implementation all requests must be submitted at least four weeks prior to proposed start date. Requests should be sent to Lisa Bowen via email in the Office of Practice addressed to CHCStudents@etsu.edu with “Student Research & Practice Project Requests” in the subject line of the email.
The following information must be included in your request for project implementation:
- Student Name
- Phone Number
- School Attending
- Name of Project
- Summary of Project
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval required? (If yes, please indicate status of IRB. Once approved please submit copy of IRB Approval Letter)
- Implementation Timeframe/Date
- Will you need Electronic Health Record (EHR) data?
Please Note: If your project requires you to be on location within the CON, or if you require access to EHR or other confidential patient information, you may be required to meet certain other requirements not listed above. These requirements will be discussed with you in further detail upon acceptance of your project.
Grant Implementation Requests for College of Nursing Clinics
Any students/faculty that are writing a grant for submission with the intention of implementing at one of the College of Nursing CON Clinical sites must submit requests for implementation at least four weeks prior to the grant submission deadline. Requests should be sent to Lisa Bowen via email in the Office of Practice addressed to CHCStudents@etsu.edu with “Grant Implementation Request” in the subject line of the email.
The following information must be included in your request for grant implementation:
- Principle Investigator (PI)/Project Director (PD) name
- College of Employment/Title
- Name of Project
- Project Timeline
- Submission Deadline
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval required?
- Letter of Support Requested?