Support the Museum
- Temporary Custody: Railroad themed items may be accepted by the Museum on a temporary basis for Museum
exhibit displays. The lender retains ownership of these items and they are returned
to the owner following their display period in the Museum.
- Permanent Donation: Railroad themed items may be made as an unconditional donation to the Museum to
become part of the permanent collection and property. The Museum reserves the right
to keep, lend, or otherwise dispose of the donated material.
- In-Kind-Gift: Railroad themed items may be donated to the Museum to become part of the permanent
collection and property with the donor receiving charitable gift(s) verification from
the ETSU Foundation, a 5013 tax exempt organization, for federal income tax purposes.
Gifts with a value greater than $5,000 will have to bear a certified appraisal value
from a licensed appraiser. The Museum reserves the right to keep, lend, or otherwise
dispose of the donated material.
- Cash or Pledges: Cash donations or pledges may be made to the George L. Carter Railroad Museums Foundation
- Donation Boxes: Donation boxes are provided in the Museum for visitors cash or check contributions.
- Three organizations are affiliated with the Museum. All provide membership opportunities
that include full access to the Museum facilities including the Museum Library.
- Mountain Empire Model Railroaders
- George L. Carter Chapter, National Railway Historical Society
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad Historical Society